Newborn Session Contract
Terms & Conditions
1. Deposit and Payment. Session fees are due at the time of the session and are non-refundable. Session fees cover Deposit, time, talent and package chosen before the session date. The deposit is 10 percent of the package chosen.
2. Cancellation. In the event of an illness, please call as soon as possible to reschedule. Jasmynmarie Photography maintains the right to reschedule if needed due to inclement weather, illness, emergency, etc. Requests for rescheduling or re-shoots are granted only at the photographer's discretion. This decision must be made before the session or within the first 20 minutes of the session.
3. Electronic Devices. Cameras, cell phone cameras, and camcorders are not permitted during sessions.
4. Modifications. If the client has a request for a small alteration of an image, please let the photographer know within one day after RECEIVING your images. The photographer can address minor changes at no cost (fix blemishes, tighter crop, etc.), but more involved requests are billed at $35/hr. The photographer will let you know if there will be extra charges before work begins. Once the requested changes are made, charges are applied before the final product is recieved by client.
5. Payment. The photographer will not begin design work or process orders until payment is complete. Client will receive their images no later than 3 weeks, after payment is complete.
6. Digital Images. when the client purchases the digital download of images, jasmyn marie Photography has provided a print tab in the clients personal gallery for best quality prints. To ensure the best print quality, avoid altering the images before printing. The photographer is not responsible for printing errors or for quality of prints or products printed elsewhere. for best quality prints please print from print tab when digital download Email is sent.
7. Returned Checks. Checks returned by the bank, for any reason, will be charged a $25.00 service charge, and sessions/orders will be cancelled if they are not paid in full within three days of notification.
8. Copyright Laws/Model Release. Jasmyn Marie photography retains the copyright on all images (even those purchased with print releases and digitaldownloads) and reserves the right to use the images for advertising, display, publication, or other purposes. The client signing this contract warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall indemnify and defend the photographer in the event of litigation arising out of such use. Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of Jasmyn Marie Photography. Under no circumstances, can a client use these images for profit, commercial endeavors, professional display, or in competitions. Copying or scanning images from the client's gallery, Jasmyn Marie Photography's website or blog is considered stealing, regardless of the intent for use. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to redistribute these photographs for profit or use other than private consumption without the photographer’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
9. Liability. Client is aware that the quality of the end result print of the digital files delivered is not under the control of the photographer and frees the photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon discoloration in the end result print. The photographer is not responsible for the quality of services provided by its business partners.
10. CLIENT understands and agrees that PHOTOGRAPHER is required to retain copies of a reasonable number of photos from the SHOOT for 60 days after the SHOOT. After this period has expired, PHOTOGRAPHER has no duty to retain copies or originals of files or photos from the event. It is the responsibility of CLIENT to purchase, store, and backup photos after the 60-day period.
If the photographer cannot fulfill this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness or emergency, then the photographer shall return the full deposit to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the photographer. In the event the photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the client’s order. The client releases Jasmyn Marie Photography, from all liabilities, claims and damages that may result from any accidents or incidents that may happen during the session.
All images are copyright under the Federal Copyright Laws and subject to fines of up to $150,000 if breaking those laws. By signing this contract, you are agreeing not to copy, save, or reproduce images in any way. This includes copying and saving images from the website, blog, Facebook, or any other form of advertisement
***A typical newborn session lasts anywhere from 1-3 hours. Some newborns take a little more work than others. It is strongly advised that you have a pacifier accessible for the session even if you don't intend on using one on a regular basis.
If your session will be inside your home I will also need window light around me and a space cleared out on the floor for my newborn props.
If you have animals such as dogs or cats I kindly ask that you put them outside or in another room during our session so as not to spread animal hair on my backdrops and baby items, as well as to keep them from interrupting the session.***